The Micro Operator produces finished aluminum tubing and related product according to customer specifications and demand.
As a member of the production team, the employee assists in the Micro Department's process and various downstream processes while working safely and being a good partner to the other members of the department.
- Performs multiple roles in a safe manner as assigned by supervisor or department lead in accordance with the standard operating instructions (SOI)
- Operates various types of equipment such as the Behr Oak machine, clacker, and other items needed in the finishing of micro extrusion tubing
- Inspects and packages micro aluminum tubing in various lengths and packaging styles; at times uses a hand lift truck to move pallets
- Closely watches and adjusts machines to ensure product is to the customer's prints
- Uses tape measure, calipers and micrometers as required to measure and evaluate production
- Performs housekeeping to maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area including the end of work shift clean up
- Works to prevent or minimize foreign objects and debris from entering part cavities to avoid damage and reports foreign object damage or debris when discovered and cannot be corrected
- Works efficiently, identifies opportunities for product and process improvements, and maintains a positive attitude toward co-workers and other departments
- Assists in other areas and in special projects as assigned by the production supervisor
- Ability to speak and write fluent English
- Ability to work overtime as required on short notice
- History of dependability in the workplace
- Ability to maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment
- Possesses basic math skills and the ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Possesses a cooperative and positive demeanor and works well in a team environment
- Work schedule is 40 hours per week but may require more hours depending on department workload
- Moderate to heavy physical effort or strenuous activity including walking, standing, bending, reaching and carrying loads up to 40 pounds
- Normal factory environments involving seasonally fluctuating temperatures, dirt, dust, and noise
Compensation & Benefits:
- A competitive hourly rate
- Full benefits including health insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield), dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurances
- A 401K plan.
- 9 paid holidays, vacation time
- Opportunity for advancement
- $160/week payable bi-weekly.
- Employment conditions must be met to be eligible.
- Call us for details.
Please note that all inquiries and applications will remain completely confidential.
Peerless of America, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws providing EEO, and all other employment laws and regulations.
The company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy regarding all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.