Bar Stock Crew Member
The Bar Stock Crew Member produces aluminum tube parts and related product according to customer specifications and demand.
As a member of the production team, the employee assists in the Bar Stock department's process and various downstream processes while working safely and being a good partner to the other members of the department.
- Performs multiple roles in a safe manner as assigned by supervisor or department lead in accordance with the standard operating instructions (SOI)
- Cuts, stretches, and deburrs aluminum tubing
- Operates a saw and straightener machine to cut and straighten aluminum tubing
- Closely inspects, counts, and packages aluminum tube material
- Uses tape measure, calipers and micrometers as required to. measure and evaluate production
- Performs housekeeping to maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area including the end of work shift clean up
- Works to prevent or minimize foreign objects and debris from entering part cavities to avoid damage and reports foreign object damage or debris when discovered and cannot be corrected
- Works efficiently, identifies opportunities for product and process improvements, and maintains a positive attitude toward co-workers and other departments
- Assists in other areas and in special projects as assigned by the production supervisor
- Ability to speak and write fluent English
- Ability to work overtime as required on short notice
- History of dependability in the workplace
- Ability to maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment
- Possesses basic math skills and the ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Possesses a cooperative and positive demeanor and works well in a team environment
- Work schedule is 40 hours per week but may require more hours depending on department workload
- Moderate to heavy physical effort or strenuous activity including walking, standing, bending, reaching and carrying loads up to 40 pounds
- Normal factory environments involving seasonally fluctuating temperatures, dirt, dust, and noise
Compensation & Benefits:
- A competitive hourly rate
- Full benefits including health insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield), dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurances
- A 401K plan.
- 9 paid holidays, vacation time
- Opportunity for advancement
- $200/week payable bi-weekly.
- Employment conditions must be met to be eligible.
- Call us for details.
Please note that all inquiries and applications will remain completely confidential.