Peerless of America II, Inc. is a global manufacturing firm headquartered in Effingham, IL. We are 125 employees strong and are looking for a professional and experienced Quality Manager to join our organization. Successful candidates will have proven working experience as a Quality Manager with five or more years of Quality Assurance in a manufacturing environment. We offer a full benefit package and a competitive salary structure. Please note that all resumes submitted will be treated confidentially.
The Quality Manager develops, implements, and manages total quality programs, policies, and initiatives to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction. Identifies and leads projects to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency across organizational functions. This position leads the company’s process improvement initiatives and continually challenges the “status quo” to instill discipline to follow effective and defined processes.
- Effectively implements and maintains the total Quality System of the company to include reviewing customer product orders to make sure the requirements are met, working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirement from external suppliers, and setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining compliance for the company’s ISO certification, including preparing for audits and responding to any exceptions in a timely manner
- Successfully meets the response criteria for customers’ 8D programs and FMEA.
- Performs Root Cause Corrective Action to reduce the amount of RGA’s by a minimum of 10% year over year.
- Effectively supervises and leads the Quality Department staff, including developing and training them to perform at a top level as the Quality Experts of the company.
- Develops and conducts training on the use of quality control and continuous improvement process tools such as 5S and visual management, root cause analysis, project planning, and Six Sigma Lean concepts.
- Collaborates with Department Managers, Maintenance, and Engineering personnel to help improve the quality and productivity of the departments, machines, and equipment while reducing scrap/waste and supporting safe work practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or Business Related Field or equivelant experience
- Six-Sigma certification of Black Belt preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Quality role within a manufacturing organization
- Management experience with positive results leading and coaching others
- Excellent facilitation and project management skills with a strong understanding of general business processes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage multiple people and work with all levels of management
- Computer proficiency
Peerless of America II, Inc. offers a competitive salary package based on experience level as well as full benefits to include health insurance, dental, vision, life, short-term disability insurances and a 401K plan. Please note that all inquiries and resumes will remain completely confidentialClick here to apply!